Founded in 1989, The Open University of Hong Kong (OUHK) today is a modern and full-fledged university with about 10,000 full-time undergraduates, 1,900 postgraduates and 8,700 part-time students. We tailor our professional programmes to market trends and industry needs, thus providing our students with clear career paths. Our efforts and achievements in providing professional education are evidenced by the largest share in the number of subsidized places under the Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/ Sectors (SSSDP) in Hong Kong.
The University has joined the Joint University Programmes Admission System (JUPAS) since 2007. Currently, the University offers 220 programmes in its 5 Schools namely School of Arts and Social Sciences, Lee Shau Kee School of Business and Administration, School of Education and Languages, School of Nursing and Health Studies and School of Science and Technology. In addition, there are more than 2,000 full-time and 2,000 part-time students studying in the Li Ka Shing School of Professional and Continuing Education (LiPACE).
Effective from 1 September 2021, upon the HKSAR Legislative Council’s approval, OUHK will be renamed as Hong Kong Metropolitan University, which marks the University’s unique position in metropolitan Hong Kong and points to aspiration in the 21st century.
We are now inviting application(s) for the following post in the School of Arts and Social Sciences:Job: Temporary/Part-time R&D School/Unit: School of Arts & Social Sciences Closing Date: 25/Jul/2021, 10:59:00 AM
Part-time Research Support Assistant/Research Assistant/Research Associate (web programmer) - (210018I)
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The appointee will assist in a research project related to online learning. (Project code: R7012). The appointee shall mainly be responsible for the following:
Requirements Applicants are expected to possess the following qualifications, experience and attributes:
- Providing assistance in research project (e.g. website and/or app programming, learning platform development, and project coordination); and
- Performing other duties as assigned by the principal investigator.
Compensation Package Successful candidates will be appointed on a temporary part-time contract. Benefits will be provided in accordance with the statutory provisions.
- A Master’s degree with a track record of research and publication in Computing, Computer Science, or a related discipline (for Part-time Research Associate);
- A Bachelor's degree or above in the above mentioned discipline (for Part-time Research Assistant);
- At least 5 subjects with Level 2 in HKDSE or equivalent, including English Language, Chinese Language and Mathematics (for Part-time Research Support Assistant);
- Familiar with web and/or mobile app development, design and programming;
- Knowledge of VR is an advantage; and
- Detail-oriented, hardworking, responsible, and able to meet deadlines and work independently.
Application should be made online through the University’s eRecruitment System. Please contact Dr. Venus Chan by e-mail to email@example.com for enquiries about the post. Please indicate your expected salary.